Opposition calls for Yoon's overhaul of Cabinet after by
简介The floor leader of the main opposition Democratic Party called on President Yoon Suk Yeol on Thursd ...
The floor leader of the main opposition Democratic Party called on President Yoon Suk Yeol on Thursday to take responsibility for the ruling party's defeat in a crucial by-election in Seoul, starting with a complete overhaul of the Cabinet.
Jin Kyo-hoon of the Democratic Party was elected earlier in the day to represent Gangseo Ward in Seoul, defeating his rival from the ruling People Power Party, Kim Tae-woo, by a larger-than-expected margin of 17.15 percentage points.
"The dismissal of the prime minister, the firing of the justice minister, and the withdrawal of unqualified people (nominated for the Cabinet) should be the starting point," said Rep. Hong Ihk-pyo, the Democratic Party's floor leader, during a party meeting.
Although the election only determined who would become one of Seoul's 25 ward chiefs, Wednesday's by-election was widely viewed as a crucial gauge of voter sentiment leading up to the parliamentary election in next April.
"The results of this election represent the people's firm judgment on the Yoon Suk Yeol administration's unchecked authority and signify a victory for the people wishing for a new Gangseo Ward," Hong said.
Hong further urged Yoon to carry out a complete overhaul of the way he runs the government, saying it is time for him to reply. (Yonhap)
President Yoon Suk Yeol on Wednesday reiterated his push for Busan's infrastructure development ...
Philippines Ambassador to Korea Maria Theresa B. Dizon-DeVega and Korea Tourism Organization Preside ...
LG Electronics said Thursday it has become the ninth governing body member of the Scalable Open Arch ...
- [KH Explains] China ups OLED ante to take over Korean shares
- LG H&H sales up 294% in half year on Japan's Qoo10
- LTI Korea announces winners of 2023 Korea Translation Award
- Things look bright for ‘Past Lives’ Oscars prospects
- Half of young people struggling financially: Seoul
- Seoul shares open lower on US tech slide
[사진] 부산 깡통시장 간 윤 대통령과 기업 총수들
Things look bright for ‘Past Lives’ Oscars prospects
LTI Korea announces winners of 2023 Korea Translation Award
‘Korea could go extinct without proper immigration policy’: minister
Mirae Asset Securities names new CEOs
Court overturns ruling on fabricated asylum interview: report
- Seoul shares open higher despite US losses
- KB chief vows to nurture AI talents
- Hyundai Motor chief named automotive industry leader of 2023
- [Hello Indonesia] Hyundai Motor vows to steer Indonesia's transition to EVs
- YG’s new girl group Babymonster debuts with single 'Batter Up'
- Korea to start hiring E
- Hyundai Motor to halt Asan factory in Korea for EV factory construction
- 김용민 “尹, 총선 승리하면 계엄 선포할 것…저지선 확보해야”
- Female Nexon employee berates 'misandrist gesture' in MapleStory video
- S. Korea, AIIB discuss stronger partnership, new investment chances
- BTS Jungkook's star
- Seoul shares open lower ahead of earnings season
- Seoul to implement alert system to manage overcrowded areas
- Pyongyang denies allegations of Hamas using North Korean weapons
- Foreigners turn net sellers of S. Korean stocks for 15 sessions
- SK to hold CEO meeting in Paris
- Unwind with Korea food, lifestyle docs on Netflix
- N. Korea slams Japan's plan to move up US missile purchase as 'arrogant choice'
- Over 90% of fines for illegal short selling imposed on foreign firms
- BTS' V joined by Jimin in solo fan meeting 'Vicnic'
- 北, 러 주최 국제포럼서 '국제수송' 논의…무기거래 우회로 찾나
- Blackpink's Jennie makes solo debut on Official UK Singles Chart
- Posco Future M achieves 100% recycling of refractory waste
- New book sheds light on ongoing debate and legacy of comfort women issues
- LG Innotek wins patents for EV charging technology
- [이번 주 리뷰] 중동 전쟁 우려…국민의힘 보선 참패(9~14일)
- [New in Korean] Witches, ecofeminism, climate crisis: Tale of resilience and nature’s power
- [New in Korean] Booker Prize
- 'Scent of Ink' to be performed at Kennedy Center in Washington
- 공군 수송기 급파, 한·일 220명 텔아비브 탈출