Seoul shares open higher on US gains
简介Seoul shares opened higher Thursday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, boosted by dovish comm ...
Seoul shares opened higher Thursday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, boosted by dovish comments on interest rates by Federal Reserve officials.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 18.59 points, or 0.8 percent, to 2,468.67 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Overnight, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2 percent to 33,804.87, and the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite gained 0.7 percent to 13,659.68.
Fed officials said the US central bank doesn't need to keep tightening as rates are near their peak and it needs to take a wait-and-see approach before raising rates further.
In Seoul, large-cap stocks were mixed across the board.
Market bellwether Samsung Electronics Co. rose 1.6 percent, No. 2 chipmaker SK hynix Inc. climbed 2.1 percent, leading car battery maker LG Energy Solution gained 1.2 percent and national flag carrier Korean Air Co. was up 0.7 percent.
Among decliners, top carmaker Hyundai Motor Co. fell 0.6 percent, No. 3 refiner S-Oil Corp. declined 1.5 percent and the country's sole aircraft manufacturer Korea Aerospace Industries Co. shed 0.4 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,339.75 won against the US dollar at 9:15 a.m., down 1.05 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
이낙연 전 총리가 지난달 28일 서울 용산구 백범김구기념관에서 열린 사단법인 연대와공생 '대한민국 위기를 넘어 새로운 길로' 포럼에서 기조연설을 하고 있다. 뉴스1이낙연 전 더불어 ...
South Korea plans to review additional measures against growing military ties between North Korea an ...
More than 90 percent of all fines for illegal short selling of stocks have been issued to foreign fi ...
- 5 cities in Japan splashed with Seventeen
- Blackpink's Jennie makes solo debut on Official UK Singles Chart
- SK Ecoplant recycles over 6,000 tons of batteries
- New book sheds light on ongoing debate and legacy of comfort women issues
- [Herald Review] ‘Our Season’: a relatable story for all moms and daughters
- "당 망치는 응석받이"…안철수, 이준석 제명 서명운동 시작
- 윤재옥 "이재명 '내각 총사퇴' 주장, 정쟁을 위한 도전장"
- Silversmith William Lee wins Craft Prize 2023
- [Herald Interview] Saudi Arabia seeks to engage with world through Diriyah Contemporary Art Biennale
- Yoon attends opening of Korean pavilion at Horticultural Expo in Qatar
- S. Korea to complete LSD vaccinations by early Nov.: ministry
- 22 busking stages set up at Han River parks
- N. Korea to close its embassy in Uganda: report
- Man fined for assaulting soldiers who refused to praise Kim Jong
- 정청래, 가결파 징계에 "신상필벌은 당연…잠시 미뤄둔 것"
- FNC to debut new boy band Ampers&One on Nov. 15
- 尹대통령 지지율, 1.1%p 내린 38.9% [알앤써치]
- N.SSign to resume album promotion without Doha
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains; Israel
- IMF maintains 2023 growth outlook for S. Korea at 1.4 pct
- Uncertainties remain for Samsung, SK after US eases export controls
- 'We overcame together': NCT127 returns on more solid ground
- BIFF expands award categories beyond Asian content to global titles
- [Korean History] 2002, when Korea soared through World Cup
- YG's new girl group Babymonster to debut next month
- Hanwha showcases ground weapons systems at US trade fair
- Seoul shares close tad higher ahead of key US jobs data
- 사전투표 D
- [From the scene] Eye
- Half of Loona restarts as quintet Loossemble
- 김건희 여사, 광주디자인비엔날레 찾아 “문화예술계 육성 의지”
- HIT forum on space to be held in Seoul
- [Herald Interview] Singer
- [Today’s K
- Kakao Bank to acquire 10% stake in Indonesian digital bank
- Disney+’s ‘Moving’ sweeps BIFF’s Asia Contents Awards & Global OTT Awards