S. Korea logs current account surplus for 4th month in August
简介South Korea logged a current account surplus for the fourth straight month in August on the back of ...
South Korea logged a current account surplus for the fourth straight month in August on the back of a widened trade surplus and increased interest income from overseas, central bank data showed Wednesday.
The country's current account surplus reached $4.81 billion in August, following the surplus of $3.74 billion the previous month, according to preliminary data from the Bank of Korea.
August's surplus came as the country's trade balance has remained in the black for five straight months and interest income has increased.
The country's goods account racked up a $5.06 billion surplus in August, following a $4.44 billion surplus the previous month.
The primary income account, which tracks the wages of foreign workers and dividend payments from overseas and interest income, reported a surplus of $1.47 billion in August, following a $2.92 billion surplus in July, the data showed.
But the services account suffered an extended loss in August, reaching $1.6 billion, the data showed. (Yonhap)
South Korea’s special investigation unit on drug crimes on Wednesday said it had caught a record-hig ...
일본 정부가 구매 의사를 밝힌 미국산 토마호크 미사일. AFP=연합뉴스북한은 일본이 장거리미사일 조기 배치를 비롯해 미사일 방어 및 반격 능력을 강화하겠다는 계획을 밝힌 것에 대해 ...
South Korean stocks opened over 1.4 percent lower Thursday in a broad sell-off on heightened concern ...
- [News Focus] Why Kim Jong
- Sumi Jo awarded Geumgwan Order, highest honor for artists
- 野 "이태원 1주기 공동주최 빠지겠다"…尹대통령 참석 촉구
- LG Electronics to bolster local strategies, B2B push to widen gap with Chinese rivals
- AliExpress vows to invest W10b to root out fake goods in Korea
- Revamped 'Sister Act' with diverse cast gets ready for international premiere
Four Korean drama series nominated for Critics Choice Awards
[Coffee Klatch] Unique mugwort tea latte paired with flower cakes, dango
Hyundai Mobis Q3 net jumps 78% on sales growth of key components
Seventeen 1st K
Seoul shares edge down amid US slowdown woes; won sharply down
김웅 "이준석 사면은 내부총질·해당행위…마녀재판 맞았던 것"
- Floor leader of main opposition party voices disappointment at Yoon's budget speech
- [Herald Interview] Journey to find her voice has brought Vittoria Yeo to peak performance
- Decoding Korea's 'virtuous' drinking culture
- Weeekly invites listeners to enter universe where dreams come true
- [Today’s K
- 악수 청한 윤 대통령에 김용민 “이제 그만두셔야죠”
- Celltrion wins UNDP tender to supply anticancer treatments to Turkmenistan
- Yoon donates W5m toward construction of memorial for ex
- Kakao taxi
- 악수 청한 윤 대통령에 김용민 “이제 그만두셔야죠”
- [Herald Review] ‘Single in Seoul’ a bland rom
- Samsung Biologics sees highest
- LG Electronics CEO to present AI vision at CES
- Yoon orders increased defense of public digital infrastructure
- S. Korea's English proficiency slips 13 notches to 49th
- Hyundai Motor bolsters global partnerships through Expo campaign
- German envoy calls for enhanced security cooperation with S. Korea
- Cheong Wa Dae to open for winter night stroll event
- 정부, GP 복원 계획…김태효 "北 무장에 가만히 있으면 안된다"
- Hanwha Ocean developing submarine stealth technology
- BTS gets 6th top honor at 2023 MAMA Awards
- New NZ minister takes oath in English and Korean
- Hotel chief fined for safety violation in Itaewon tragedy trial
- HiteJinro soju seeks bigger footing in UK
- LS Materials to tap deeper into EV, green energy markets
- KT SAT to adopt Starlink for enhanced maritime internet
- S. Korea's heavyweights like ex
- Hillstate Gayang flats in Daejeon to go on sale
- Dog meat group threatens to release 2 million dogs near presidential office
- S. Korea, Japan, China agree to accelerate summit efforts